Anytime you want to measure distributed processes, you should look into
logging, or sending the time data asynchronously to a persistent data store. I
haven’t measured joinWithCassandra but I’ve measured other parts of spark using
a Kafka topic to send execution times. I then consumed the times and saved them
into Cassandra. I could then later get time aggregates and average times per
operation.

--
Rahul Singh
rahul.si...@anant.us