Thanks alain and Lerh, It is clear now.

In order to avoid problems and charge in the cluster doing anticompactions,
I am going to use repair by sub ranges.

I studied this tool called cassandra-list-subranges
<https://github.com/pauloricardomg/cassandra-list-subranges> it seems it
still works for the versions 3.11.2. And I will take a look also to
cassandra_range_repair
<https://github.com/BrianGallew/cassandra_range_repair> which it is more
recent

Do you have any remarks for cassandra-list-subranges
<https://github.com/pauloricardomg/cassandra-list-subranges> ?

Saludos

Jean Carlo

"The best way to predict the future is to invent it" Alan Kay

On Thu, May 24, 2018 at 11:12 AM, Alain RODRIGUEZ <arodr...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Jean,
>
> Here is what Alexander wrote about it, a few months ago, in the comments
> of the article mentioned above:
>
> "A full repair is an incremental one that doesn't skip repaired data.
>> Performing anticompaction in that case too (regardless it is a valid
>> approach or not) allows to mark as repaired SSTables that weren't before
>> the full repair was started.
>>
>> It was clearly added with the intent of making full repair part of a
>> routine where incremental repairs are also executed, leaving only subrange
>> for people who do not want to use incremental.
>>
>> One major drawback is that by doing so, the project increased the
>> operational complexity of running full repairs as it does not allow
>> repairing the same keyspace from 2 nodes concurrently without risking some
>> failures during validation compaction (when an SSTable is being
>> anticompacted, it cannot go through validation compaction)."
>>

>  I hope this helps,
>
> C*heers,
> -----------------------
> Alain Rodriguez - @arodream - al...@thelastpickle.com
> France / Spain
>
> The Last Pickle - Apache Cassandra Consulting
> http://www.thelastpickle.com

>> Hey Jean,
>>
>> I think it still does anticompaction by default regardless, it will not
>> do so only if you do subrange repair. TLP wrote a pretty good article on
>> that: http://thelastpickle.com/blog/2017/12/14/should-you-
>> use-incremental-repair.html
>>
>> On 24 May 2018 at 00:42, Jean Carlo <jean.jeancar...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello
>>>
>>> I just want to understand why, if I run a repair non incremental like
>>> this
>>>
>>> nodetool -h 127.0.0.1 -p 7100 repair -full -pr keyspace1 standard1
>>>
>>> Cassandra does anticompaction as the logs show
>>>
>>> INFO  [CompactionExecutor:20] 2018-05-23 16:36:27,598
>>> CompactionManager.java:1545 - Anticompacting [BigTableReader(path='/home/jr
>>> iveraura/.ccm/test/node1/data0/keyspace1/standard1-36a6ec405