Hi all,
I am trying to determine compaction strategy for our use case.
In our use case we will have updates on a row a few times. And we have a
ttl also defined on the table level.
Our typical workload is less then 1000 writes + reads per second. At the
max it could go up to 2500 per second.
We use SSD and have around 64 gb of ram on each node. Our cluster size is
around 70 nodes.

I looked at time series but we cant guarantee that the updates will happen
within a give time window. And if we have out of order updates it might
impact on when we remove that data from the disk.

So i was looking at level tiered, which supposedly is good when you have
updates. However its io bound and will affect the writes. everywhere i read
it says its not good for write heavy workload.
But Looking at our write velocity, is it really write heavy ?

I guess what i am trying to find out is will level tiered compaction will
impact the writes in our use case or it will be fine given our write rate
is not that much.
Also is there anything else i should keep in mind while deciding on the
compaction strategy.

Thanks!!