If you're working in a different keyspace, I don't anticipate any issues. Have
you attempted one in a test cluster? :)
Dinesh

    On Friday, June 22, 2018, 1:26:56 AM PDT, Fernando Neves
<fernando1ne...@gmail.com> wrote:

 Hi guys,We are running one of our Cassandra cluster under 2.0.17 Thrift
version and we started the 2.0.17 CQL migration plan through
CQLSSTableWriter/sstableloader method.
Simple question, maybe someone worked in similar scenario, is there any problem
to do the migration under the same Cassandra instances (nodes) but in different
keyspace (ks_thrift to ks_cql) or should we create another 2.0.17 cluster to do
this work?I know that new keyspace will require more host resources but it will
be more simple for us, because once the table migrated we will drop it on the
old ks_thrift keyspace.
Thanks,Fernando.