And by all means, do not treat Cassandra as a relational Database. - Beware
of the limitations of CQL in contrast to SQL.
I don't want to argue angainst Cassandra because I like it for what it was
primarly designed - horizontal scalability for HUGE amounts of data.
It is good to access your Data by Key, but not for searching. High
Availibility is a nice giveaway here.
If you end having only one Table in C*, maybe something like Redis would
work for your needs, too.

Some hints from my own expierience with it - if you choose to use Cassandra:
Have at least as much Racks as Replication Factor - Replication Factor of 3
means you want to have at least 3 Racks.
Choose your Partitioning wisely - it starts becoming relevant from 10 mio.
records onwards.

regards,
Jürgen