YuuuugaByte!!! <— another Cassandra “compliant" DB - not sure if they forked C*
or wrote Cassandra in go. ;)
https://github.com/YugaByte/yugabyte-db

Datastax is Cassandra compliant — and can use the same sstables at least until
6.0 (which uses a patched version of  “4.0” which is 2-5x faster) — and has the
same actual tools that are in the OS version.

Here are some signals from the big players that are understanding it’s power
and need.

1. Azure CosmosDB has a C* compliant API - seems like Managed C* under the
hood. They used ElasticSearch to run their Azure Search …
2. Oracle now has a Datastax offering
3. Mesosphere offers supported versions of Cassandra and Datastax
4. Kubernetes and related purveyors use Cassandra as prime example as a part of
a Kubernetes backed cloud agnostic orchestration framework
5. What Alain mentioned earlier.

--
Rahul Singh
rahul.si...@anant.us