I read in some best practising documents on datam model that: do not update old
partitions while using STCS. But i always use cluster keys in my queries and
cqlsh-tracing reports that it only accesses sstables with data having specified
cluster key (not all sstables containing part of partition). For example:
sstable1 contains (part_key1,cluster_key1) sstable2 contains
(part_key1,cluster_key2) query: select * from my_table where
partition_key=part_key1 and custering_key=cluster_key1, only accesses sstable1.
So should i care about this rule and Why? Thanks in advance Sent using Zoho Mail