Hello everyone,

Since i didn't hear from anyone, just want to describe my question again:

Am i correct in understanding that i need to do following steps to migrate
data from SimpleSnitch to GPFS changing datacenter name and rack name to
AWS region and Availability zone respectively

1) Update the rack and datacenter fields in cassandra-rackdc.properties
file and rolling restart cassandra with this flag
"-Dcassandra.ignore_dc=true -Dcassandra.ignore_rack=true"

2) Run nodetool repair --sequential and nodetool cleanup.

3) Rolling restart cassandra removing the flag  "-Dcassandra.ignore_dc=true
-Dcassandra.ignore_rack=true"

Regards,
Pradeep