It’s not recommended to disable compaction, you will end up with hundreds to
thousands of sstables and increased read latency. If your data is immitable,
means no update/deletes it will have least impact.

Decreasing compaction throughput will release resources for application but
don’t accumulate too many pending compaction tasks.

Sent from my iPhone