Hi All,

I have a problem that I'm trying to work out and can't find anything online
that may help me.

I have been asked to delete 4K records from a Column Family that has a
total of 1.8 million rows.  I have been given an excel spreadsheet with a
list of the 4K PRIMARY KEY numbers to be deleted.  Great, the delete will
be easy anyway.

But before I delete them I want to take a backup of what I'm deleting
before I do, so that if the customer comes along and says they got the
wrong numbers then I can quickly restore one or all of them.
I have been trying to figure out how I can generate inserts from a select
but it looks like this is not possible.

I'm using centos and Cassandra 2.11

Does anyone have any ideas of what I can do to generate inserts based on
primary key numbers in an excel spreadsheet?

Kind Regards,
Phil