From: Dipan Shah [mailto:dipan....@hotmail.com]
Sent: Friday, March 01, 2019 12:56 AM
To: Kenneth Brotman; user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: Re: MV's stuck in build state

Hello Kenneth,

Thanks for replying.

I had actually tried this on a Dev environment earlier and it caused the
node to spin out of control. I'll explain what I did over there:

1) Found "Mutation of <x> bytes is too large for the maxiumum size of <y>"
and thus increased the value of "commitlog_segment_size_in_mb" to 64

2) This worked for a few minutes and again the view started failing when it
hit the new limits and the messages now were "Mutation of <x> bytes is too
large for the maxiumum size of 2*<y>"

3) So just to try I increased the value to 128

4) Now after this change the node started crashing as soon as I brought the
service online. I was not able to recover even after restoring the value of
"commitlog_segment_size_in_mb" to 32

Now there is a key differences to that issue and what I am facing currently:

The views were not dropped on the earlier environment whereas I have already
dropped the view on the current environment (and cant experiment much as the
current environment is in production).

I know this is a bit tricky but I'm pretty much stuck over here and thinking
of finding a non-problem creating solution over here.

Thanks,

Dipan Shah

  _____