Answers inline.

1.       Do the same people where you work operate the cluster and write
the code to develop the application?

No but the operators need to know development , data-modeling, and
generally how to "code" the application. (Coding is a low-level task of
assigning a code to a concept.. so I don't think that's the proper verb in
these scenarios.. engineering, or software development, or even programing
is a better term). It's because the developers are hired dime a dozen at
the B / C level and then replaced by D /E / F level developers as things go
on.. so the Data team eventually ends up being the expert of the
application and the data platform, and a "Center of Excellence" for the
development / architects to work with on a collaborative basis.

2.       Do you have a metrics stack that allows you to see graphs of
various metrics with all the nodes displayed together?

Yes. OpsCenter, ELK, Grafana, custom node data visualizers in excel
(because lines and charts don't tell you everything)

3.       Do you have a log stack that allows you to see the logs for all
the nodes together?

ELK. CloudWatch

4.       Do you regularly repair your clusters - such as by using Reaper?

 Depends. Cron, Reaper, OpsCenter Repair, and now NodeSync

5.       Do you use artificial intelligence to help manage your clusters?

Yes, I actually have made an artificial general intelligence called
Gravitron. It learns by ingesting all the news articles I aggregate about
Cassandra and the links I curate on cassandra.link into a solr/lucene index
and then using clustering find out the most popular and popularly connected
content. Once it does that there's a summarization of the content into
human readable content as well as interpreted bash code that gets pushed
into a "Recipe Book." As the master operator identifies scenarios using
english language, and then runs the bash commands, the machine slowly but
surely "wakes up" and starts to manage itself. It can also play Go , the
game, and beat IBM's AlphaGo at Go, and Donald Trump at golf while he was
cheating!

rahul.xavier.si...@gmail.com

http://cassandra.link

I'm speaking at #DataStaxAccelerate, the world’s premiere #ApacheCassandra
conference, and I want to see you there! Use my code Singh50 for 50% off
your registration. www.datastax.com/accelerate

Happy april fools day.