Lot of variables

- how many reads per second per machine?
- how much data per machine?
- are the reads random or is there a hot working set?

Some of the suggestions online are old.
CASSANDRA-8150 has some old’ish suggestions if you’re running CMS collector.
Running > 16G heap should consider using G1GC and that’s tuned quite
differently. Amy Tobey has a decent (2.1 era) tuning guide, I imagine The Last
Pickle has one as well (and wouldn’t be surprised if Pythian and Instaclustr do
too).