We do this without containers quite successfully. As precaution, we...
- have dedicated disk per instance.
- have lots of network bandwidth, but also throttle throughout defaults.
Also monitor network closely
- share CPU completely. Limit Cassandra settings to limit CPU use
(concurrent threads, compaction throughput, etc) and monitor closely.
- have plenty of memory on top of jvm allocation
- never have 2 nodes from the same cluster on a single node.
- use VIPs so each instance gets its own IP address.
- use sane OS defaults as documented by Amy Tobey.

That said, using cgroups or containers would provide better isolation (but
worse bursting) when available.