Hi Reid,

I don't have anymore this loading problem.
I solved by changing the Cassandra Driver Configuration.
Now my cluster is pretty stable and I don't have machines with crazy CPU
Load.
The only thing not urgent but I need to investigate is the number of
ESTABLISHED TCP connections. I see just one node having 7K TCP connections
ESTABLISHED while the others are having around 4-6K connection opened. So
the newest nodes added into the cluster have a higher number of ESTABLISHED
TCP connections.

default['cassandra']['sysctl'] = {
'net.ipv4.tcp_keepalive_time' => 60,
'net.ipv4.tcp_keepalive_probes' => 3,
'net.ipv4.tcp_keepalive_intvl' => 10,
'net.core.rmem_max' => 16777216,
'net.core.wmem_max' => 16777216,
'net.core.rmem_default' => 16777216,
'net.core.wmem_default' => 16777216,
'net.core.optmem_max' => 40960,
'net.ipv4.tcp_rmem' => '4096 87380 16777216',
'net.ipv4.tcp_wmem' => '4096 65536 16777216',
'net.ipv4.ip_local_port_range' => '10000 65535',
'net.ipv4.tcp_window_scaling' => 1,
  'net.core.netdev_max_backlog' => 2500,
  'net.core.somaxconn' => 65000,
'vm.max_map_count' => 1048575,
'vm.swappiness' => 0
}

These are my tweaked value and I used the values recommended from datastax.

Do you have something different?

Best,
Sergio