Personally, I think MVs are still experimental and not ready for primetime.
It works for some but if you run into issues, fixing them have a huge
impact to your application. For example if the view updates get too far
behind, there's no effective way to resolve them other than having to drop
the MV then add it back in so it gets rebuilt from scratch which means that
the view is not available to your application for some time.

There are some improvements coming in 4.0 (unreleased) but you've got to
test it at scale before deploying it to production. For now, I'd stay away
from it. YMMV. Cheers!

GOT QUESTIONS? Apache Cassandra experts from the community and DataStax
have answers! Share your expertise on https://community.datastax.com/.