While switching over datacenters, there is a chance of mutation drop
because of which inconsistency may occur.

To avoid inconsistency we can do following :

Monitor and if require then run repair

     1.  Monitor tpstats in all nodes. If dropped message count is 0, it
can be inferred no mutation drop has occurred.
     2. Hints Replay -  All hints have been replayed successfully. We need
to be sure there was no hints drop.
      3. If above monitoring suggests that no messages were dropped and
hints were replayed successfully across all nodes, then there is no need to
run repair.

I would like to know

1. When hints replay fail will tpstats matrix record that as dropped
message?
2. Is there any standard way to avoid repair while datacentere switch?

Regards
Manish