I usually recommend following document:
https://docs.datastax.com/en/dse/5.1/dse-dev/datastax_enterprise/config/configRecommendedSettings.html
- it's about DSE, but applicable to OSS Cassandra as well...

Kunal  at "Thu, 16 Apr 2020 15:49:35 -0700" wrote:
 K> Hello,

 K> I need some suggestion from you all. I am new to Cassandra and was reading
Cassandra best practices. On one document, it was
 K> mentioned that Cassandra should not be using swap, it degrades the
performance.

 K> My question is instead of disabling swap system wide, can we force
Cassandra not to use swap? Some documentation suggests to use
 K> memory_locking_policy in cassandra.yaml.

 K> How do I check if our Cassandra already has this parameter and still uses
swap ? Is there any way i can check this. I already
 K> checked cassandra.yaml and dont see this parameter. Is there any other
place i can check and confirm?

 K> Also, Can I set memlock parameter to unlimited (64kB default), so entire
Heap (Xms = Xmx) can be locked at node startup ? Will that

--
With best wishes,                    Alex Ott
Principal Architect, DataStax