Here’s an article link for repairing table corruption, something I’d saved back
last year in case I ever needed it:

https://blog.pythian.com/so-you-have-a-broken-cassandra-sstable-file/

Hope it helps.

From: F <gumpinato...@gmail.com>
Date: Thursday, July 2, 2020 at 12:50 PM
To: "user@cassandra.apache.org" <user@cassandra.apache.org>
Subject: Corrupt sstables_activity

Message from External Sender
Good afternoon! I have a question related to a system level keyspace.

Problem: While running a routine full repair on a specific keyspace and table
where i had to remove one of the big data portions for corruption (sstablescrub
failed), the system.log indicated that the specific keyspace and table repaired
successfully. Nevertheless, the system.log also indicated that one of the big
data files related to system.sstable_activity was corrupted.

I tried running nodetool scrub on the system.sstable_activity, but it
tombstoned 0 rows and still states it is corrupted. I also verified, via cqlsh,
that the specific node's sstable_activity is not queryable either.

Because the system keyspace is local, i don't think i can repair it with
nodetool repair. What would be the steps involved to correct this table?

Version of Apache Cassandra: 3.9 ( its old )

Current ideas i have not yet performed:

1.) Stop cassandra manually. Remove the offending .db file throwing the
corruption error. Restart cassandra. See if cassandra will rebuild the table
automatically.

2.) As (1) above, but remove the entire folder instead of specific db file.

3.) Drop the node from the cluster ( would like to avoid this, some data is RF
1, and i still need to complete other full repairs)

4.) Sstablescrub on system.sstable_activity? ( i dont believe this will do
anything because RF is still local )

Any suggestions moving forward would be appreciated! Thanks!