Thanks a lot! I will process every pointers you gave - appreciated!

1. we do have collection column in that table but that is (we have only 1 column) a frozen Map - so I guess "Tombstones are also implicitly created any time you insert or update a row which has an (unfrozen) collection column: list<>, map<> or set<>.  This has to be done in order to ensure the new write replaces any existing collection entries." does not really apply here

2. "Isn’t it so that explicitly setting a column to NULL also result in a tombstone"
Is this true for all columns? or just clustering key cols?
Because if for all cols (which would make sense maybe to me more) then we found the possible reason.. :-) As we do have an Integer coulmn there which is actually NULL often (and so far in all cases)

 Attila Wind

http://www.linkedin.com/in/attilaw
Mobile: +49 176 43556932