I think this could've been caused by
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-15690 which was introduced
on 3.11.7 and removed an optimization that may cause a correctness issue
when there are partition deletions. I'd suggest you to open an issue at
https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/CASSANDRA/issues to call attention
to this regression to see if there's anything that can be done when the
workload has no partition deletions. Make sure to include details about
your workload (schema, replication settings, CL, query, etc) to facilitate
investigation.