There are operational advantages to having #racks == RF, however it's by no
means mandatory. Having more racks than RF doesn't cause any
availability/health/balance problems, it is only disadvantageous in that it
makes some cluster maintenance tasks more expensive/unwieldy like repairs
and DC migrations. Note that you can re-use racks across your physical
servers assuming you have more physical servers than RF, it's not necessary
to have a separate rack per physical server, as long as there are at least
RF physical servers (ideally these physical servers should also be in the
same rack/AZ in the datacenter to protect against physical rack/datacenter
outage).

FYI this went to spam on GMail. I suspect google is flexing their monopoly
muscles against zoho.