You can have a separate DC, so a physical destruction of an entire DC (such as a fire 😉) will not result in data loss; you can turn on automatic snapshot on truncate & drop table to help prevent some data losses caused by bugs and human errors; you can also have a cron job to take snapshots (and delete old snapshots), so you can rollback to an earlier version. In addition to storing snapshots off-site, you can also archive the commitlog files, even CDC files off-site to minimize the amount of data loss in case of a total physical destruction of the entire Cassandra cluster.

If you are okay with at most an hour of data loss, an hourly snapshot stored off-site should be more than enough. Note that SSTable files are immutable, and that makes incremental backup very easy - just upload the new SSTable files and you are done.