No, I suspect the deb package dependencies haven't been updated
correctly, as 2.7 should definitely still work. Could you raise a JIRA for
this issue?

Not sure if apt has some way to force install/ignore dependencies, however
if you do that it may work, otherwise your only workaround would be to
install from the tarball.

raft.so - Cassandra consulting, support, and managed services