We are moving to 3.11.10, and we noticed that the Docker image here is based on
Java 1.8 – 282
My understanding is that Java 1.8 is no longer (debatable perhaps 😉 ) ,
statements suggests that it is no longer supported since Jan-2019
Our company has gone Java 11 since so time back, and it does (ofcourse) come
with some improvements on the Mem handling / GC side, and security.
Cassandra 4.0 seems to have bumped to Java 11 though
So should we remain on Java 1.8 for Cassandra 3.11.10 ?

This is a link to 3.11.10. where Java 1.8 is used
https://hub.docker.com/layers/cassandra/library/cassandra/3.11.10/images/sha256-7385bf8ef6333e07b7f56cd5c04e4559ab392afb43a42d14cf838cbb3cee15f3?context=explore
This is a link to 4.0.10 where Java 11 is used
https://hub.docker.com/layers/cassandra/library/cassandra/4.0-rc1/images/sha256-1bcc5e9b147989ada6d50d312d43de63fc0ddcb103cfa6eb6baa3a8d7d83079a?context=explore

Comments ?
-Tobias