(removing dev)

commitlog_segment_size_in_mb isn't going to help, in fact you probably
don't want to modify this as it'll reduce the maximum size of your
mutations.
Reducing the total space on its own will help, however definitely test this
as such a large drop could result in a massive increase in SSTables and
thus compaction overhead. You'll in general want to look into any property
that makes memtables flush more frequently (which is based on heap size and
some tuning properties in cassandra.yaml).

I'm typically not a fan of using a database as a streaming/workflow
service, so I have to ask have you considered managing this from your
clients rather than using CDC in C*?

raft.so - Cassandra consulting, support, and managed services