Hello,

I am trying to get some suggestions on running upgradesstables(for a major
version upgrade where there is a SSTable format change).

The Cassandra cluster is set up in 3 datacenters with 18 nodes in each
region and here are the 3 options that I am evaluating.

1. Run "nodetool upgradesstables" after every Cassandra node is upgraded to
the new version.
2. Upgrade cassandra version on one of the data centers, run "nodetool
upgradesstables" and proceed to the next datacenter and so on.
3.  Upgrade cassandra version on all the datacenters and run "nodetool
upgradesstables" at the end on all the data centers.

I am more interested in understanding option-2 where I upgrade the
cassandra version and run upgradesstables for one data center and then
proceed to the next datacenter and so on. Are there any disadvantages with
this option?

Thanks in advance.