Hi,

Sometimes compactions getting so slow (a few KBs per second for each
compaction) on a few nodes which would be fixed temporarily by restarting
restarting cassandra (although would coming back a few hours later).

Copied sstables related to slow compactions to a isolated/single node
cassandra, and there, they are fast.

Using Set<text> as non-key column

I suspect one table with big partitions (1000 rows, each row has a Set which
sum of set size for all rows in a big partitions is 10M), but disabling
autocompaction for this table didn't help.

There are no obvious hardware resource shortage, resource consumptions of all
nodes in cluster is identical but only a few of nodes has slow compactions.

I'm using Apache Cassandra 3.11.2. A few related configs:

concurrent compactors: 5

throughput: 64MB

tables count: 20 + default tables

Disk: 7.2K

CPU: 12 cores with 50% usage

Anyone experienced similar problems with compactions? Is there any related bug
which would be fixed by upgrading? How can i find out the root cause of this
problem?

Best Regards