Hello Team,

I am currently using num_tokens: 256 (default in 3.11.X version) for my
clusters and trying to understand the advantages vs disadvantages of
changing it to 16 (I believe 16 is the new recommended value).  As per
the cassandra
documentation
<https://cassandra.apache.org/doc/latest/cassandra/getting_started/production.html#tokens>
16
is not recommended for the cluster over 50 nodes.

Best for heavily elastic clusters which expand and shrink regularly, but
> may have issues availability with larger clusters. Not recommended for
> clusters over 50 nodes.

I have a few questions.

   1. What are the general recommendations for a production cluster which
   is > 100 nodes and are heavily elastic in terms of adding and removing
   nodes.
   2. If I am switching from 256 -> 16 tokens, does this cause any hotspots
   by having the data concentrated to only a few nodes and not distributing
   equally across all the nodes?