This is nodetool snapshot yes? 3.11 or 4.0?

In versions prior to 3.0, sstables would be written with -tmp- in the name,
then renamed when complete, so an sstable definitely never changed once it
had the final file name. With the new transaction log mechanism, we use one
name and a transaction log to note what's in flight and what's not, so if
the snapshot system is including sstables being written (from flush, from
compaction, or from streaming), those aren't final and should be skipped.