> "Read repair is in the blocking read path for the query, yep"

OK interesting. This is not what I understood from the documentation. And I use localOne level consistency.

I enabled tracing (see in the attachment of my first msg)/ but I didn't see read repair in the trace (and btw I tried to completely disable it on my table setting both read_repair_chance and local_dc_read_repair_chance to 0).

The problem when enabling trace in cqlsh is that I only get slow result. For having fast answer I need to iterate faster on my queries.

I can provide again trace for analysis. I got something more readable in python.

Best,

--

Raphael

On 07/08/2022 19:30, C. Scott Andreas wrote:
> but still as I understand the documentation the read repair should not be in the blocking path of a query ?

Read repair is in the blocking read path for the query, yep. At quorum consistency levels, the read repair must complete before returning a result to the client to ensure the data returned would be visible on subsequent reads that address the remainder of the quorum.

If you enable tracing - either for a single CQL statement that is expected to be slow, or probabilistic from the server side to catch a slow query in the act - that will help identify what’s happening.

- Scott