Hi,

DataStax Cassandra 4.14 is actually the driver's version. Almost the latest
https://mvnrepository.com/artifact/com.datastax.oss/java-driver-core

It would be useful to know which version of Cassandra you are using, even
if, it would be surprised it is actually the cause of your error.

As it has been mentioned above the root cause is
=> A client-side timeout considering that the request is too slow, server
did not respond in time.

The reasons are legions:
- The cluster can be busy (hot partitions)
- You can query more and more data which taking more and more time (large
partitions)
- You have not designed your data model based on your queries, and, as a
result, do cross-partition queries.
- You perform full scans of your cluster with (stupid) ALLOW FILTERING.
- You are using the IN clause (same as above)

But, to be honest,  my gut feeling is something that I keep seeing coming
back
=> I bet you might have moved to the latest SPRING DATA CASSANDRA version.
This thing keeps preparing everything like crazy as which leads to timeouts
tend to pop up here and there. It is not easy to explain as if you prepare
twice the same statement nothing happens it has been kept in the cache. Is
there anything else at work?

Is anybody having heard about the same issues lately?

--
Cedrick Lunven
e. cedrick.lun...@datastax.com