Thank you Andy.
Is there a way to just remove the drive from the cluster and replace it later?  Ordering replacement drives isn't a fast process...
What I've done so far is:
Stop node
Remove drive reference from /etc/cassandra/conf/cassandra.yaml
Restart node
Run repair

Will that work?  Right now, it's showing all nodes as up.

-Joe