@Ari I do not want to write SQL query in SQL TEMPLETE or EJBQLQuery,
because I have two databases MS SQL server and PostgreSQL and both of them
have syntactical difference. I want to use predefined manipulation and
updation methods in cayenne, so that if I change database I do not have to
write SQL queries again.

@Andrus my concern is first select a record and then updating it does
not take more time then direct updation. Because I already have id
which I want to update, so why would I use select query ?. I am
dealing with more then 25 lakhs record.

--
Thanks and Regards
Deepesh Jain