Well, I'm not sure what you are using to run your web application, but
Tomcat, Jetty, JBoss, etc all have mechanisms to provide JNDI lookups of DB
connection pools.  You just tell Cayenne Modeler to use JNDI lookup and
give it the JNDI name, then configure the container to provide the DB
connection.

Is your WO application using EOF or Cayenne?  Been a while since I used WO,
but I'd be stunned if EOF cannot use a JNDI lookup as well.

mrg