Hi Hugi,

Take a look at the model/code under here:

https://github.com/mrg/cbe/tree/master/InsertingObjects/MeaningfulPK

Essentially you map the meaningful key as a Java attribute and set the DB
PK generation strategy to "Default" for those tables.  As long as you
supply the meaningful PKs, Cayenne won't try to use the AUTO_PK_SUPPORT
table that "Default" typically uses.

mrg