I also have Cayenne Modeler at version 4.01 and that starts up with out a
problem. So I am even more confused.  The 4.0 release version seems to work
fine and keeps the same version number in the model files so I'll be using
that.

Now the question that started this whole process.  I have a table in the
database that's essentially a look up table, it has several thousand rows,
and I'd like to just read it in once and then use it across different
incoming requests.  Is there a best practice for this use case?

Tony