Hello,

thanks for your feedback. I didn’t enter a password before, so this can’t be a
password caching issue. I’m not sure if there aren’t any other caches I’m not
aware of, but I wiped my local .m2 directory to make sure that there aren’t any
older dependencies / Cayenne configs lying around. I also killed & re-created
the SSH tunnel a couple of times and could consistently reproduce this issue.

The pg_hba.conf on the database server in the development environment trusts
connections from localhost and I’m actually connecting to localhost on my
workstation. Therefore there should be no password requirement at all, but I
still got an error message about a failed authentication because no password
was provided.

What makes things sketchy is that our library has exactly the same connection
parameters as the IDE & the Cayenne Modeler, and both of them work in this
setup. This also used to work before I made an update to Cayenne & the
PostgreSQL driver, so maybe the latter changed some behavior. I’ll have to
investigate further.

It’s not a big issue, because staging & production contain passwords. It’s
mainly an annoyance right now, and I need to know why things are how they are :)

Best,
Rafael