> On Oct 1, 2019, at 11:23 PM, Tony Giaccone <t...@giaccone.org> wrote:
>
> I have two objects, that are based on the same table. I want to differentiate
> them by using a qualifier.
>
> I'm using a qualifer that looks like accountType = AccountType.hdaccount
>
> where hdaccount is one of the enumerated values.
>
> When i create an object of this type, the field is set to null. Is that
> typical? Do I have to explicitly set it myself, if so what happens if I set
> it to the wrong value?

At least with numeric qualifier values, Cayenne injects qualifier values based
on the object type right inside "context.newObject(..)". I am looking at the
unit tests now. We have this functionality and it is working.

Not sure we've tested this with enums though. Could be a bug, as the
expectation is that it should work with all kinds of constants.

Andrus