I may have been able to patch the issue; the actual dependency missing was
`foundrylogic.vpp:vpp:jar:2.2.1` (transitive dependency of the plugin
module) and I was able to retrieve a copy from a MacBook Pro from 2008
still running around the house and put it directly into Maven cache folder
(.m2).

Thanks again for this wonderful project!

Giulio Cesare