Thorsten Lampe wrote:
Is there any way of adding a piece of configuration (i.e. an element) not to
the END of a list as can be done with something like
(cp. website examples)

// Add new table "tasks" with name element and type attribute

config.addProperty("tables table/name", "tasks");

but rather IN BETWEEN two existing elements? I've got the following sub
configuration:

  <Clusters>

    <Cluster>

      <Name>MyCluster1</Name>

      <URL>http://something.org</URL>

    </Cluster>

    <Cluster>

       <Name>MyCluster3</Name>

       <URL>http://anotherthing.org</URL>

    </Cluster>

   </Clusters>

Now I have to programatically add another cluster configuration in between the existing clusters "MyCluster1" and "MyCluster3". Any ideas how this can be achieved using commons configuration or is this not supported at all? I really did not find any way of doing this!

Thanks for any help,

Thorsten

There does not seem to be a trivial way to achieve this with the existing API. This feature has never been requested so far.

Maybe the concept of an order is somewhat unusual when dealing with configuration settings? You normally only are interested whether a property exists and what its value is. Java's preferences API for instance does not support ordered properties either. What you want, seems to be more in the domain of XML processing.

Oliver