Hi Venkat,

ad 1) please note that Windows does not kill the children of a parent process, e.g. you start a batch file which starts another long-running application than killing the batch process will not kill the long-running child process.

ad 2) I think "ver" is a built-in command of the windows command interpreter - check out the regression tests suite.

Cheers,

Siegfried Goeschl