Hi David,

don't know if you have set any timeouts for your tests such as

+) Email.MAIL_SMTP_CONNECTIONTIMEOUT
+) Email.MAIL_SMTP_TIMEOUT
+) Email.setSocketConnectionTimeout()
+) Email.setSocketTimeout()

The first two go into the email session for (javax.mail) while the two others are set directly on Email - see http://java.sun.com/products/javamail/javadocs/com/sun/mail/smtp/package-summary.html

Cheers,

Siegfried Goeschl

PS: Agreed on the fact the you should not hang indefinitely with a default configuration