Hi Charles,

how are you reading the password into the shell script? And which shell are you using?

Short exampe would be welcome ....

Siegfried Goeschl

On 10/11/10 10:21 PM, Charles Wesley wrote:

We are trying to use Apache commons exec to execute a shell script which takes several inputs, one of which is a password which is not echoed to stdout for security purposes. We were using the PumpStreamHandler and using a ByteArrayInputStream object as the InputStream parameter for the PumpStreamHandler constructor. The clear text inputs are working as expected but we are not able to progress after the prompt for the password. Do you have any suggestions on how to approach sending a password via commons exec?

Thanks,

Charles