Hi Ralph,

Ralph Goers wrote:

> On Nov 17, 2010, at 12:31 AM, Jörg Schaible wrote:
>
>> Hi Patel,
>>
>> Patel, Ronak Avinash (US SSA) wrote:
>>
>>> Any ideas when VFS will be released? I was under the impression that it
>>> was all patched and ready to go...
>>
>> It's actively worked on. Since it was not binary compatible to the last
>> version and it is the first major release since years, we decided to
>> raise the minimum JDK requirement to Java 5 and work over the API to
>> reflect the current state of technique. Follow the conversation on the
>> dev list to see the current state. Nevertheless this will raise some
>> questions about the impact for Commons Configuration ...
>>

> I'm not sure what you mean Jorg. VFS is an optional dependency so the Java
> 5 requirement isn't an issue (although the doc probably needs to be
> updated) and none of the changes made to VFS of late have had much of an
> impact on Configuration.  I've checked several times.

???

========== %< ==============
$ find src/java -name "*.java" -exec grep org.apache.commons.vfs \{} +
org.apache.commons.vfs.FileContent;
src/java/org/apache/commons/configuration/reloading/VFSFileMonitorReloadingStrategy.java:import

org.apache.commons.vfs.impl.DefaultFileMonitor;
src/java/org/apache/commons/configuration/reloading/VFSFileMonitorReloadingStrategy.java:import

org.apache.commons.vfs.FileListener;
src/java/org/apache/commons/configuration/reloading/VFSFileMonitorReloadingStrategy.java:import

org.apache.commons.vfs.FileChangeEvent;
src/java/org/apache/commons/configuration/reloading/VFSFileMonitorReloadingStrategy.java:import

org.apache.commons.vfs.FileObject;
src/java/org/apache/commons/configuration/reloading/VFSFileMonitorReloadingStrategy.java:import

org.apache.commons.vfs.VFS;
src/java/org/apache/commons/configuration/reloading/VFSFileMonitorReloadingStrategy.java:import

org.apache.commons.vfs.FileSystemManager;
src/java/org/apache/commons/configuration/reloading/VFSFileMonitorReloadingStrategy.java:import

org.apache.commons.vfs.FileSystemException;
src/java/org/apache/commons/configuration/VFSFileSystem.java:import
org.apache.commons.vfs.FileObject;
src/java/org/apache/commons/configuration/VFSFileSystem.java:import
org.apache.commons.vfs.FileName;
src/java/org/apache/commons/configuration/VFSFileSystem.java:import
org.apache.commons.vfs.VFS;
src/java/org/apache/commons/configuration/VFSFileSystem.java:import
org.apache.commons.vfs.FileSystemManager;
src/java/org/apache/commons/configuration/VFSFileSystem.java:import
org.apache.commons.vfs.FileContent;
src/java/org/apache/commons/configuration/VFSFileSystem.java:import
org.apache.commons.vfs.FileSystemException;
src/java/org/apache/commons/configuration/VFSFileSystem.java:import
org.apache.commons.vfs.FileType;
src/java/org/apache/commons/configuration/VFSFileSystem.java:import
org.apache.commons.vfs.FileSystemOptions;
src/java/org/apache/commons/configuration/VFSFileSystem.java:import
org.apache.commons.vfs.FileSystemConfigBuilder;
src/java/org/apache/commons/configuration/VFSFileSystem.java:import
org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.UriParser;

To release CC you have to build it and this means now Java 5. It does not
matter here if this is an optional dependency. BTW: It cannot build against
vfs 2.0-SNAPSHOT - you're using the old package name.

- Jörg