I'm currently migrating an EAR from WebLogic 10.3.3 to 10.3.5. While testing I
noticed that the following invocation returned false while I expected true
(lang 2.5):

EqualsBuilder.reflectionEquals(Object lhs, Object rhs, String[] excludeFields)

I noticed in my debugger that my domain classes were extended by the WebLogic
JPA provider with the following field:

protected org.eclipse.persistence.queries.FetchGroup _persistence_fetchGroup

EqualsBuilder.reflectionAppend() (lang 2.5-3.0) only ignores:

-          "$" in field names

-          static modifiers

-          transients (conditional)

-          and of course the excludeFields array

The JPA extension field mentioned above doesn't fall into any of those
categories, so it is appended to the equals result.

The easy way out for me would be to add this field to all reflectionEquals
excludeFields arrays, but I'm looking for a more sustainable way to do this.

-          What do you think about patching EqualsBuilder.reflectionAppend() so
that it ignores this field ( f.startsWith("_") )?

-          Are there any other better ways to fix this issue?

I appreciate any help very much!

Have a nice day,
Bas

P: Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail

This e-mail may contain confidential and privileged material. You are requested
not to disclose, copy or distribute any information thereof. If you are not the
intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the
sender immediately and delete this e-mail. We accept no liability for damage
related to data and/or documents which are communicated by electronic mail.