Hi Jeff,
both ApacheBVAL and Hibernate Validator implement exactly the same
specification, the Apache version offers more extra features not
included in the spec.
I suggest you to move the discussion anyway to BeanValidation ML
because this one is related to Commons components only ;)
Simo

http://www.99soft.org/