Hi Ivan,

Ivan Boelle wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We recently upgraded our apache-common-lang library from 2.4 to 3.
> But some classes of apache-common-configuration rely on classes that are
> not part of apache-common-lang anymore.

c-lang and c-lang3 are designed to be used side-by-side, since they are
binary incompatible. You cannot expect that anything using c-lang is
immediately ported to c-lang3.

> (ConfigurationException depends on NestableException for example)
> -> http://commons.apache.org/lang/article3_0.html
>
> I can't find any information on that issue, am I the only one in this
> situation ?
> What can I do ?

Use c-lang for c-configurations. However, nothing prevents you from using c-
lang3 in *your* code.

> Does apache-common-configuration will be modified to be compatible with
> apache-common-lang-3 ?

Development of a version using Java 5 has started some days ago, so may take
quite some time for it to be finished.

- Jörg