Hi Joe,

2013/2/19 Joe Adams <joe.ad...@vividseats.com>

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to include commons-fileupload into my project which uses maven.
>  I seem to have a conflict.
>
> I got the following exception:
> java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
> org.apache.commons.fileupload.servlet.ServletFileUpload.parseRequest(Lorg/apache/commons/fileupload/RequestContext;)Ljava/util/List;
>
> My maven has:
>
> <dependency>
> <groupId>commons-validator</groupId>
> <artifactId>commons-validator</artifactId>
> <version>1.3.1</version>
> </dependency>
> <dependency>
> <groupId>commons-codec</groupId>
> <artifactId>commons-codec</artifactId>
> <version>1.3</version>
> </dependency>
> <dependency>
> <groupId>commons-fileupload</groupId>
> <artifactId>commons-fileupload</artifactId>
> <version>1.2.1</version>
> </dependency>
>
> Which version of fileupload can I include with those versions of validator
> and codec?

I can not tell from looking at the poms [1,2] what is causing the problems.
Have you tried the maven dependency plugin [3] to calculate dependencies?
It should tell you what dependencies are conflicting.

HTH,
Benedikt

[1]
http://search.maven.org/remotecontent?filepath=commons-validator/commons-validator/1.3.1/commons-validator-1.3.1.pom