> Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2014 22:39:14 +0100
> From: dont_k...@gmx.net
> To: user@commons.apache.org
> Subject: Re: [configuration] Calling getConfiguration on
> DefaultConfigurationBuilder more than once permitted
>
> Hi Martin,
>
> I found a solution which fits my requirements without this ugly
> behaviour as described before. The trick is to configure the reloading
> strategy and force the reload checking in "config.xml":
>
> <configuration>
> <header>
> <result forceReloadCheck="true"/>
> </header>
>
MG>lets find out what forceReloadCheck and what it does
MG>/commons-configuration>grep -r -l forceReloadCheck *.*
.\src\main\java\org\apache\commons\configuration\CombinedConfiguration.java
.\target\classes\org\apache\commons\configuration\CombinedConfiguration.class

MG>forceReloadCheck has NO effect on
DefaultConfigurationBuilder.getConfiguration()
protected CombinedConfiguration createAdditionalsConfiguration(
            CombinedConfiguration resultConfig)
    {
        CombinedConfiguration addConfig =
         new CombinedConfiguration(new UnionCombiner()); //this will STILL pull
UNION of entities

        addConfig.setDelimiterParsingDisabled(resultConfig
                .isDelimiterParsingDisabled());
        addConfig.setForceReloadCheck(resultConfig.isForceReloadCheck());
        addConfig.setIgnoreReloadExceptions(resultConfig
                .isIgnoreReloadExceptions());
        return addConfig;
    }